Friday, July 3, 2009

The return of BILLY BOB JOE

To anyone but Gretchen and Rebecca this title wouldn't make any sense. And no offence to whoever else is reading this, but I intend to keep it that way.


So I realized as I was posting/typing this that I haven't posted since JUNE! This strikes me as odd especially since, as Savannah so brilliantly and insightfully pointed out last night via facebook chat, I have done almost absolutly nothing this summer. I say almost absolutly nothing because I did get my drivers license on June 25 and I secured my self a job on wednesday, aka two days ago. =)


But other than those two accomplishments I haven't done much this summer. I started my summer reading the other week. I have to read Life of Pi, Crime and Punishment, and Pride and Predudice. So far I am 7 chapters into Life of Pi. =( O well. I did however finish The Truth About Forever and Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen last week. The former was not as good as the latter. Both were very good however. Although I must say that my personal favorite Sarah Dessen book is Just Listen. If you have not read it, I would seriously recommend it seeing as I stayed up till 2am finishing it. I read it in two days!


In other news, Gretchen and Rebecca are spending the night tonight although they are not getting here until 9 or 10pm. That however is okey doke becuase I haven't seen them in almost 2.5 weeks and am going through serious withdraw. I know that sounds wierd seeing as they are people not drugs. But what you have to understand is this: I saw them every day during the school year and I spent almost every other weekend at their house or with them in some way shape or form. So for me, two weeks is like a lifetime! I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself in college when I won't see them for months at a time possibly.


Anyways...I'll post later with updates from this guarenteed stellar evening. Until then, let me leave you with these lyrics from Rob Thomas's hit song "Ever the Same." If you haven't heard it, look it up on youtube or something, it is phenominal!


"Just let me hold you while you're falling apart

Just let me hold you and we'll both fall down

Fall on me

Tell me everthing you want me to be

Forever with you

Forever in me

Ever the same"


1 comment:

  1. "I secured my self a job"
    coughINAMONTHcough. lol
    and yes, thank you, i am brilliant!
    have fun with your drugs.. i mean friends!

    ReplyDelete