Sunday, July 18, 2010

Life of a High School Graduate Pt. 2

For Starters, the title of my last post should have been Life of a High School Graduate not Life of a College Graduate. Now that I've taken care of that, on to the actual post.

So I got my wisdom teeth out last Monday. Not really a pleasant experience. Not only have I been in pain since then, but I have to go back tomorrow to get my gums cut open again cause they are infected (or something of the like). So I've been taking all kinds of pain killers since monday and antibiotics since Friday. O joy what fun. On the bright side, my basement is painted and almost ready for me to move in! All that's left to do is to clean the remainder of my current room as well as the basement and my sisters' room which seems like a lot but in reality should go pretty quickly provided I'm not working by myself.

I scheduled my classes for fall term a few weeks ago and my schedule will work out quite nicely. My first class is at 9am so I don't have to be on the bus until 7/7:15 meaning I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn....YAY! I'm excited about starting college but nervous at the same time. But hey, it can't be that much different from starting high school. The only main differences are longer classes, very few if any familiar faces, and longer walks to and from classes. All in all, not that bad.

I'm supposed to go on a mission trip to Weaverville, North Carolina with my youth group next week, but given the state of the pain in my mouth, I'm not sure if I'll be able to go. We are going to be roofing, laying foundations, etc....none of which I know how to do but I just want to give back. God has done so so much for me and my family in the last five years, its about time I let His hand lead me where I'm needed. Applying that logic however, if I'm not able to go, I guess that means I'm needed for something else closer to home.

My mom, sisters, and I are going to Bethany Beach the second week of August with some family friends. =) It should be a really fun trip. The girls have only been to the beach once, and that was at Christmas Break last year when we went to Wilmington for a family reunion of sorts. I hadn't been to the beach since I was five or six. Needless to say this is a much needed vacation for all of us. Not to say the summer is stressful or anything but well ok it is a little bit stressful. We found out about a month ago that my dad and his wife are moving to Evansville, IN or should I say moving back. My grandfather on my dad's side is not doing all that well and Dad is moving back to take care of him. However, he gets the house he grew up in cause the people my grandparents were leasing it to moved out so my dad gets a house virtually scott free. Anyways that's that, there's nothing I can do to change it. I need to remember that this is what God wants and therefore what is best for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment